Wherever you are,
we will protect you.
Kaspersky is ready for Windows 8.1... Are you?
Award-winning security - to protect your PC...
... and all the personal information you store on it.
We are ready to protect your Windows 8.1 PC
Because Kaspersky Lab always keeps up to date with the latest technologies, we’ve ensured all of the following Kaspersky products are optimised and fully compatible with Windows 8.1 – Microsoft’s latest operating system:
You can now enjoy Windows 8.1, while also benefiting from Kaspersky’s award-winning protection.
Integration with Windows Security Center
Kaspersky PURE 3.0, Kaspersky Internet Security – multi-device 2014 and Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2014 are fully integrated with Windows Security Center (WSC) in Windows 8.1. So you can now perform all of these functions directly from WSC:
- Activate various Kaspersky security product features
- Update Kaspersky antivirus databases
- Deactivate Kaspersky products
- Renew your Kaspersky licence
Metered Connection – helps save you money
Whenever you use a public 3G or LTE connection, an Internet service provider (ISP) may charge you according to the amount of data you send and receive. If you exceed the ISP’s data limit, you may also have to pay additional charges. Furthermore, if you’re travelling overseas, you could be faced with having to pay even higher charges.
Kaspersky Internet Security – multi-device 2014 and Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2014 all include a Metered Connection feature – to alert you when a 3G or LTE connection is identified by Windows 8.1 – so it’s easier for you to control the amount of data you send and receive… and manage your charges.
Early-Launch Anti-Malware (ELAM) System Support
Kaspersky PURE 3.0, Kaspersky Internet Security – multi-device 2014 and Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2014 fully support Microsoft’s Early-Launch Anti-Malware (ELAM) technology. This means, whenever you switch on your PC, Kaspersky’s security technologies are able to launch before other third-party software components – so you benefit from even better protection against malware.
What is Microsoft Windows 8.1?
Windows 8.1 is the latest version of Microsoft’s Windows operating system. It is intended for use on a range of devices, including desktop PCs, laptop PCs, tablet PCs and media centre PCs.
If I am using Windows 8.1, do I still need Kaspersky security products?
Yes… you definitely still need Kaspersky’s award-winning protection – especially if you use the Internet. Although Windows 8.1 comes with Windows Defender, it only provides basic security – and it really doesn’t have the special security features that a regular Internet user needs.
Windows Defender only offers minimal protection against malware, compared to the multi-layer security that Kaspersky’s security products deliver. Kaspersky PURE 3.0, Kaspersky Internet Security – multi-device 2014 and Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2014 include advanced features that protect against sophisticated Internet attacks – so you get vital added protection for your PC, your money, your identity and your privacy when you’re online. With over 15 years of Internet security experience – and a vast number of independent awards – Kaspersky provides industry-leading security that’s recognised by independent testing labs and independent reviews.
If I buy or download the latest version of Kaspersky PURE 3.0, Kaspersky Internet Security – multi-device 2014 or Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2014, will it be compatible with Windows 8.1?
Yes, for new customers installing Kaspersky Internet Security – multi-device 2014 and Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2014 on to a Windows 8.1 PC for the first time, the program will automatically check for updates to ensure Windows 8.1 compatibility while installing. No further action is needed.
If I have Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 or Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2013, will I need to purchase new software?
If your Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 or Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2013 has the latest updates installed, it will work with Windows 8.1. However, we recommend that you upgrade to the newest version – Kaspersky Internet Security – multi-device 2014 or Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2014 – to ensure your protection is always up-to-date.
Kaspersky PURE 3.0
Ultimate PC protection for your home
- Protects against all types of Internet threats
- Secures online banking and shopping
- Safeguards your digital identity and privacy
- Provides online backup for your photos, music and more
- Stores valuable files in encrypted vaults
- Lets you manage the security of multiple PCs – from one PC
- Keeps kids safe and responsible online
Kaspersky Internet Security – multi-device 2014
The one-licence, multi-platform solution for PCs, Macs and mobile devices
- Multi-device Security – with award-winning protection that’s optimised for each device
- Flexible Protection – to let you ‘mix and match’ security to fit any combination of devices
- Real-Time Protection – against all new and emerging malware and Internet threats
- Anti-Theft Protection – to secure your data if your Android smartphone or tablet is lost or stolen
- Safe Browser – protects iOS-based devices against phishing websites and malicious links
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2014
Antivirus software – to keep your PC and your data secure against malware
- Advanced Antivirus – protection against computer viruses, worms, Trojans, rootkits, spyware and more
- Real-Time Protection – using web-assisted technology to defend against the very latest malware threats
- Instant Safety Checks – providing an easy way to check files, applications and websites