For the 154th episode of the Kaspersky Transatlantic Cable Podcast, Dave and I spend most of our time talking about ransomware and gaming.
Our first story is about Garmin’s recent battle with Evil Corp and WastedLocker ransomware. This story is still developing, and the coming weeks could bring more news.
We stay with the topic of ransomware and discuss a new report of LG and Xerox being hit as well. Both companies appear to have been struck by the Maze gang and have seen their data published by the gang online. For our third story, we look at CWT’s recent bout with ransomware.
From there, we hop over to the world of gaming and discuss the new speedrunning record for Doom Eternal, set with Kaspersky Internet Security turned on. We then welcome back GReAT’s Maria Namestnikova to discuss security and gaming. To close out the podcast, we discuss a refund from Google.
If you like what you heard, please consider sharing with your friends or subscribing. For more information on the topics discussed, please click on the links below.
- Garmin pays up to Evil Corp after ransomware attack — reports
- WastedLocker: technical analysis
- Ransomware gang publishes tens of GBs of internal data from LG and Xerox
- CWT travel agency faces $4.5M ransom in cyberattack, report
- Speedrunning world record secured
- Google offers refunds after smart glasses stop working