Kaspersky Scan Engine
Kaspersky Scan Engine (KSE) provides comprehensive protection for web applications, proxy servers, network attached storage and mail gateways. It is easy to manage and deploy through HTTP and ICAP as a standalone service, scalable cluster, or Docker container.
KSE uses the latest detection methods for detection and removal of malware including Trojans, phishing threats, worms, rootkits, spyware and adware.
Protection of internal systems against threats from files uploaded by end-users. No matter where the files repository is located – whether in the customer’s internal network or in the cloud – KSE enables the embedding of uploads scanning procedure into any segment of the chain of files delivery from the end-users to the customer.
Automatic scanning of URLs accessed from the internal network and scanning of objects downloaded from the Web thanks to integration with proxies, web/mail servers, and similar solutions via ICAP protocol. Threats are intercepted and prevented as soon as they pass your network’s perimeter.
Thanks to a feature-rich REST-like API and open source code, you can easily integrate Kaspersky Scan Engine with almost any solution in your network. As a result, you can deploy the leading anti-malware technologies on every tier of your infrastructure.
Key functions of Kaspersky Scan Engine
Kaspersky Scan Engine can work in Windows & Linux environments in one of two modes:
REST-like service that receives HTTP requests from client apps, scans objects passed in these requests, and sends back HTTP responses with scan results.
ICAP server that scans HTTP traffic that passes through a proxy server / NAS / Web Application Firewall / NGFW / any other solutions communicating through ICAP protocol. This integration model also allows scanning the URLs requested by users; web pages with malicious, phishing or adware content are then filtered out.
Kaspersky Scan Engine is also available as a Linux Docker container (in HTTP & ICAP mode). It can be deployed as an individual container, to Docker Swarm, to Kubernetes, to AWS EKS, and any similar cloud environments.
Kaspersky Scan Engine includes a web-based graphical user interface that allows you to easily configure the product behavior, review its service events and scan results.
- Award-winning Kaspersky anti-malware technology provides the best-in-class malware detection rates and can instantaneously react to emerging threats.
- Powered by Big Data: Kaspersky Security Network provides information about the reputation of files and Web resources, ensuring faster and more accurate detection.
- Filters out malicious, phishing, and adware URLs.
- Additional filtering layer is made possible by the Format Recognizer component. You can use this component to recognize and skip files of certain formats during the scanning process. Dozens of formats are supported, including executable, office, media files, and archives.
- Kaspersky Scan Engine can run in cluster mode: several instances of Kaspersky Scan Engine can be deployed in the same network and administered through Web UI.
- Communication via TLS protocol is supported when running in REST-like service mode.
- Source code for HTTP service/client and ICAP service are provided in the distribution kit for customization.
- Comprehensive documentation and cross-platform API support. Similar APIs for Linux/UNIX and Windows versions.
For detailed description of product features, click here to download Kaspersky Scan Engine datasheet.
Kaspersky Scan Engine is available to enterprise users of Nextcloud Hub, one of the most popular on-premises content collaboration cloud platforms. Customers have to install Nextcloud Antivirus App and configure it to use Kaspersky Scan Engine, which will then scan all files during their upload to Nextcloud Hub.
For a detailed description of joint Kaspersky / Nextcloud solution, as well as installation instructions, please click here.
For Nextcloud antivirus app, please click here.
Kaspersky Scan Engine has been integrated with ownCloud Enterprise using the ICAP protocol. To start using Kaspersky protection with ownCloud, the customers need to install ownCloud Anti-Virus App, purchase a Kaspersky Scan Engine license and deploy it on a server, and then set up ownCloud Anti-Virus App for work with Kaspersky Scan Engine. Please contact ownCloud support for Anti-Virus App installation and setup guidelines.
For ownCloud Anti-Virus App, please click here.
If you wish to know more, please click the CONTACT US button below and indicate that you require more information about Kaspersky Scan Engine, and our representative will get in touch with you shortly.